Coming in from the cold (Pun intended), CHILL FACTOR is a VHS video store oversight, given the Arrow treatment. It is a ski plough running, snow settled, blood soaked demonic murder fest. Filled with horny teenagers and broken limbs. Now Arrow are known for ploughing through the cinematic snow (another pun) to find the powder from the ice (final one I promise). So have they with what was called DEMON POSSESSION? It came and went faster than a teen jocks virginity but will it stay in your collection?
I gonna say yes. If not only for the very nicely developed but ultimately stupid scenery that you find as the set up. Six teens travel out to a back of beyond iced over lake. They are there to race. When one is injured after coming off his snowmobile, the others find an abandoned church to shelter in for the night. However all seems to go horribly wrong when they find a Devils eye board. It sounds awfully familiar. Get teens into a place that is remote. Set up sexual desire. Bump them off one by one. Last one out turns off light and monster. But CHILL FACTOR ups the gamesmanship slightly. With ample slow burn horror, blood flowing and horror set pieces, its worth a visit. Special effects artist Hank Carlson and horror writer Josh Hadley very funny commentary explores in detail what this is. It’s the effects, all the gru and bloody messes. Casting the teens also seems to have paid dividends. Production manager Alexandra Reed alludes to their work and how it combined to make a passable little adventure. The film itself looks sufficient. Its not to worn nor is it too clean. It has some white out issues and a bad depth of field at the start but its ok for a watch.
SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
- Brand new 2K restoration from original film elements
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
- Original uncompressed stereo audio
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Brand new audio commentary with special effects artist Hank Carlson and horror writer Josh Hadley
- Brand new on-camera interview with makeup artist Jeffery Lyle Segal
- Brand new on-camera interview with production manager Alexandra Reed
- Brand new on-camera interview with stunt coordinator Gary Paul
- Still Gallery
- Original VHS trailer
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Marc Schoenbach TO BE REVEALED
FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Collector’s booklet featuring new writing by Mike White