I will make a confession here. I have never seen NIGHT OF THE CREEPS and after watching it, I wish I had seen it earlier! When an alien spaceship drops a package onto the earth in 1959, it disappeared into a wooded area near a school. As did a young man who was exposed to it. 22 years later and everything normal. Except that two boys have broken into a research lab for a pledge dare, found said disappeared boy and the Alien package that was left behind.
Wow. An action packed, brain busting, gore fest that is on par with either RE ANIMATOR or say NIGHT OF THE COMET. Funny black, Slapstick humour, splatter of brain matter and blood drenched oddities. That is the film you are going to watch. Literally I loved the film because it does not distance the audience fun or experience. This is the sort of film you watch and re watch maybe once a year because you love it. You laugh, you feel the drench of brains…and you love it!
With a film this good…well you now get a series of stunning extras. A film that has not been available for some while, you expect this. Dekkers writer / director commentary is great. Funny and fact filled. Actors commentary details a lot of the effects work and fun had on the film. The best extra is Tom Atkin Man of Action is SUPERB…
- Limited Edition O-Card slipcase [First Print Run Only]
- High-definition remaster of the director s cut
- Original stereo soundtrack and 5.1 surround audio options, presented in PCM and DTS-HD MA respectively on the Blu-ray
- Audio commentary by writer / director Fred Dekker
- Audio commentary by actors Jason Lively, Tom Atkins, Steve Marshall and Jill Whitlow
- Thrill Me: Making Night of the Creeps – an hour-long series of video pieces on the making of the film featuring new interviews with cast and crew
- “Tom Atkins: Man of Action” featurette
- Video Interview with Fred Dekker
- Deleted Scenes
- Original theatrical ending
- Trivia track subtitles
- Theatrical trailer
- PLUS: A limited-edition booklet featuring a new essay by critic Craig Ian Mann [First Print Run Only]