A summer vacation to a isolated mansion could only be fun and relaxing. I mean with the list of crazed stop and do not enter signs, it can only be a joyful experience. Take the lovely abandoned mansion, the odd staff who are always a little on edge, the ancient burial ground and its massive excavation that is happening next door or the disappeared doctor and the zombies coming to get you from the gardens… It is a catalogue of horrors and head chopping action which can not be missed or seen. I guess that is what is on the tour leaflet. Something like whats not to love about the horrors of an old mansion that is hells doorway? Well the new occupants are about to find the summer is not all sunshine and smiles.
If you liked Zombie Flesh Eaters or love a slice of Euro horror with a sexy side dish or Oedipal desire, then this my dears is for you. A long way away from being a great film it is however a very well crafted and occasionally, very interesting piece. It can be said to be about that bastion of horror, the past. The past haunts us and here it hunts us. They want us to pay for their transgressions and toxic legacy. Take this and then see the oedipal mother son scenes. Yes that is not a true sex scene but it is a scene of sexual desire and you see how those younger than us desire love and safety but are often given little more than what the past gave to us…Very clever….
88 films have given us the newly restored film, a good watch and a great transfer. The grind house film however is my preferred choice of viewing. The extras outside of this are good with the Waddell navigated commentary opening some insights but feeling a little restrained. Waddell is a great film critic and one that sometimes finds it hard to get his voice out there. The interview is good as well and might be a must for fans. The other thing to note is the booklet that is glorious and filled with great stuff!
- BRAND NEW RESTORATION FROM THE ORIGINAL 16MM NEGATIVE
- RESTORED ENGLISH SOUNDTRACK
- RESTORED ITALIAN SOUNDTRACK WITH NEWLY TRANSFERRED ENGLISH SUBTITLES
- BONUS “GRINDHOUSE” VERSION FROM AN UNRESTORED 35MM PROJECTION PRINT
- INTERVIEW WITH MIKEL COVEN, AUTHOR OF LA DOLCE MORTE, ON THE FILMS OF ANDREA BIANCHI
- NEW AUDIO COMMENTARY BY EXPERT JOHN MARTIN, MODERATED BY CALUM WADDELL
- DELETED SCENES
- COLLECTIBLE POSTER POSTCARD
- REVERSIBLE SLEEVE
- Region Code: B
- Picture Format: HD 1.66:1
- Audio Format: LPCM Mono
- Language: English and Italian with English Subtitles
- Certification: 18
- Running Time: 85 Mins Approx